Monday, March 5, 2012

Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting

This frosting... Is just... So ......  GOOD!  OK, you are probably getting that I LOVE frosting,.  I was born with it.  I blame my Dad.  I have to have everything sweet, but I don't mind!!  I really try to look at healthy recipes though, can't you tell?

Just, go make some cupcakes.


This recipe is also from Vanilla cupcakes, but I took pictures any way,  So I plopped in flour, 




salt,

soda.


Here we are, creaming some butter,


With a "little" sugar,


egg yolks,


vanilla,


And transfer the dough another  bowl, (with flour mixture-mixed up)


Then take the egg whites and cream of tatar,


Beet them til' fluffy,



Plop them in with the other mixture,


And mix them up!

Preheat oven to 350.


Pour the batter into muffin 


And bake for a bit'.  Let them cool completely.


Cream together 1/2 cup of butter,


1/4 cup milk, 3 cups powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.



Beet it up real good.  You can frost the cupcakes with this frosting and just have vanilla on vanilla, but I like to make strawberry frosting.

Now, you can make the strawberry frosting how Giada made it, but if you make it that way, it will be VERY sweet, so I made my own version:


I just plopped in a handful of strawberries, and another cup of powdered sugar.


Now you can decorate however you wan't:
Cotton Candy.....  Yummy.


Strawberry...  Beautiful.


Blueberry....  Adorable.

But raspberries.... all of the above.

Enjoy this!

No comments: