Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Blueberry Crumb Cake

Somebody......  PLEASE.  Come and make another cake with me so I can have another slice!!  I.....   Really.....  Can't believe how amazingly perfect this tasted.  Not to sweet, but sweet enough to make me get a couple pieces.
Or two,
or three.  All of my siblings got at least two pieces yesterday, AND today.  I would greatly appreciate it if.....  you would....  Give me another piece?
Uh, not that it matters, but erm...
We all have our  imperfections, don't we?
Just, come make some crumb cake with me, okay?

Preheat oven to 350.  (Because I was in a hurry, I did it at 375)
First, mix together 2 cups flour...


2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.  Set aside.


Cream together 1/2 stick (plus 1 Tbs.) butter, 3/4 cup sugar, and a few dashes of cinnamon.


Add 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.


Mix again.


Alternatively add 3/4 cup milk,


and the flour mixture.  Do not over mix.  Beep beep.  


Add 2 cup blueberries and gently fold them in.  Pour batter into a 9 x 13 greased baking pan.


For the topping, mix together 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup sugar,


1/2 teaspoon cinnamon,


and 1/2 cup flour.  Sprinkle over the batter.  Bake for  40-45 minutes.


Slice.....


Suddenly, I'm hungry for crumb cake. 


Perty!!

Enjoy!!

THIS RECIPE IS FROM PIONEER WOMAN.

No comments: