Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Strawberry Muffins


My friend, Tillie, reminded me about my obsession of baking (and EATING) muffins.  It's true.  Every time she sees me she asks what I made the current morning and I always reply with ether a muffin recipe, or a some kind of bread recipe.  Conclusion: NOT A HEALTHY REPROACH.  But my family and I don't seem to mind!  Not one bit!  Breads can be healthy in some ways, like this one!  Sure, it has oil but it also has fruit!  can someone at least give me a thumbs up on that one?  No?  OK.  The truth is, I love muffins, and I'm not afraid to show it!  Consider making these, my sister approved of them!


To a bowl, dump in 2 cups flour,


1/2 cup sugar,


1 tablespoon baking powder,


And 1/2 teaspoon salt.  Set aside.


To a small bowl, crack an egg.....


Whisk it up with a fork.....


And add 1 cup milk.....


And 1/4 cup oil.


Now grab any kind of fruit you want!  In my case, all the fruit on hand that I could put it in a muffin was strawberries,  so any kind of fruit you have, measure 1 cup.....


And throw it in with the egg mixture.  The reason you mix the fruit in at this point is that you don't want to over mix these muffins.  Most muffins you can't over mix, (I JUST figured that out thanks to my friend, Anna!)  but this one imparticular, you DO NOT over mix.  OK?  OK.


Pour the egg/strawberry mixture into the flour mixture.


Grease your muffin tins and scoop the batter into them.  Bake for 20-25 minutes @ 400 degrees.


Yum.

And......  YUM-TO-THE-MAX!

Enjoy!

No comments: