Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ice Cream pie

 Man,  talk about easy!  All you do is throw together a meringue crust, and you are DONE.  Why don't I show you how to do it?


 Measure 1/4 cup egg white, (2-3)  and plop into the mixer.


Beat a while, or until they are bubbly.  (I did mine to long)


Add 1/4 cup sugar, 


and with very splotchy  hands, add 1/4 teaspoon salt.  I don't know why my hands look this way, I DID wash my hands!  Beat until stiff.


 Now dump in 1 cup finally chopped, blurry pecans,


fold them together! 


Evenly spread the meringue on a non-glass pie pan.  Unfortunately, I read the instructions AFTER I spread it on the GLASS pie pan.  Bake that for 15-20 minutes at 350.


Ahhh.....  LOVELY!  Let cool completely before putting on the ice cream.  Spread 2 pints of softened ice cream on top, ANY kind you want.  Guess what?  I forgot to take a picture of this step.  UGH.  After a few Months of blogging you'd think I'd learn.  But NOOOOOO.  UGH.  Any way, after you spread the ice cream, let it freeze for a good long while and get it nice and hard.


After you take it out, put whatever you want on it.  The original recipe says to put Caramel sauce, but I didn't have brown sugar.  Or butter.  Or half in half, err, I didn't have ANY of the ingredients.  Enjoy the amazing taste of this, guys!


Uhh, my little sister took the camera and took this picture, I just had to share!

Enjoy!

No comments: