Thursday, April 12, 2012

Glorious Morning Muffins

I don't know if these are healthy enough to be considered a "breakfast" food.  Because they taste to me like carrot cake, which I LOVE.  I mean, considering they have carrots, raisins, apples, and coconut make them ideal to be called a breakfast food, but only if you don't count the 3/4 cup of oil that makes the muffins so ridiculously moist, and greasy, and delicious.  GLORIOUS MORNING MUFFIN ANYONE?  Hmm?  Okey dokey then, get baking!


2 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup shredded carrots (2-3 medium)
1 cup shredded peeled apple
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

heat oven to 350.  In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, milk and vanilla with a wire whisk until well blended.  Add flour, brown sugar, soda, cinnamon and salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.  Stir in carrots, apples, coconut, raisins and chocolate chips.  Scoop batter into muffin cups.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until or until toothpick comes out clean.
18 muffins.
I had to, I just had to!


Clover CAN BITE, I'm telling you, but when Clover is playing with a human, I don't know how he knows, but he does not bite.  He's just gently gnaws at you,then when you tell him to stop, he stops!

See?  This does not hurt at all!


Oh, sweet puppy.


Agh!!  Tongue!


And more tongue!


Oh, sleepy Clover.


Oh, sleepy Clover.

Okay, this dog LOVES to sing.  When ever I go to play the piano, he starts howling at his hearts content, and he PICKS his favorite songs!  It's HILARIOUS!

Enjoy!

No comments: