Sunday, April 22, 2012

Eggs Benedict

You got it, another Marshall story.  He's pretty much the most interesting person in my family, and no, that's not always a bad thing.  So I'm offering him his breakfast and he says, "I..... I don't like eggs."  He's been complaining about how he doesn't like what I make, so I  decided to make him sit down and eat the whole dang thing.  Except the egg, that is.  (off in the distance)  "I....  I'm not hungry, I don't want it"  There he goes again.   Arrrrrrrgg!!!!  I really shouldn't get mad, really, but I can barely help it!  Same thing with my little sister, except with a little hits and kicks some were in there.  Okay, you got me.  I'm not in a very 'nice' mood today.  Maybe it's the weather, or the fact that my LITTLE SISTER IS TRYING AS HARD AS SHE CAN TO MAKE ME MAD!!  You may be thinking that I'm just doing that "sibling rivalry" thing, but she even said, "MARSHALL HELP ME DO WHAT EVER I CAN TO MAKE MCKENZIE MAD!!"  So far I've taken all my anger out on myself, but if this keeps going, I might have to save my money for a therapist.  Cooking helps, too, so why don't we do that, huh?



Bring a pot of water to a boil and make a swirl motion with a spoon.  When it is a large whirl pool, plop an egg into the water and cook.


To make the sauce plop in 3 egg yolks to a blender.


Blend until they look like this.


Melt 2 sticks of butter until sizzling, then, with the blender still going, SLOWLY pour it into the eggs.  Add juice from 1 lemon and, if desired, some cayenne pepper.

To assemble:
Put the toasted english muffin that you forgot to take a picture of on a plate,


Then add the ham,


Egg,


And sauce,


and don't forget the SAUCE.

Try to be in good health,
Enjoy!

No comments: