Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins


I heard my brother Marshall say, "THOSE ARE SO GOOD!"  Then I thought,
"Marshall?  Said these were GOOD?"  It really confused me because 1, he NEVER has said he even "likes"  something I make, and 2, these muffins are healthy!  Marshall HATES the word "healthy" and cowers when he hears it.  Besides the chocolate chips and sugar, these things are packed with whole what flour, oats and other healthy goodness.  Go make some!  These are an amazing and yummy muffins!


1 cup rolled oats
1 cup milk
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cut whole wheat pastry flour (If you don't have any, use all purpose)
1 teaspoon soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips



Soak the oats and 1/2 cup milk for 5-10 minutes.
Whisk together the brown sugar, and the egg until nice and smooth.


Add the vanilla and butter and mix untila itsa nice and smootha.
I some how find an Italian accent funny.
I blame BJ.


Try to get all the lumps out of the batter.


add the flour (yes I used all purpose, WHAT ABOUT IT?)


and the oat mixture...


Soda....


salt...


And cinnamon!  Mix to combined.


Add the rest of the milk....


And mix again!  Look like oatmeal doesn't it?  But here comes the fun part.....


Weee!!!  Dump in those chocolate chips!


Dump a 1/4 cup batter in each muffin cup.


Sprinkle some sugar on top of each muffin and bake for 15-18 minutes @ 350 until done.


Ohh..........  I'm gona' make sure I make these again!

Enjoy!

No comments: