Thursday, March 1, 2012

DO NOT PASS THIS POST

Oh my Goodness.  I repeat, oh my GOODNESS.   Make this.  Today.  This beats my chocolate sheet cake!  Or, Pioneer Woman's sheet cake.  This is also her recipe, and like always, IT HAS EVERYTHING IMAGINABLY BAD FOR YOU.  But, make this for your family, they will love you, and love you, and ask you for some more.  Again, if you are afraid of diabetes, STAY AWAY FROM THIS RECIPE.  Just, scroll down and you will see what I mean.  (By the way, this is a Peach Crisp!)










OK.  Take a deep breath and watch what I'm about to do.  To a sauce pan, stir together 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, 



1/4 cup maple syrup, 


and 3 tablespoons light corn syrup. 


Cook that until it's kinda/sorta thick, stirring constantly.  Refrigerate for 1 hour.


Now, to make the crumb topping, plop in 1 cup flour, 


1/2 cup sugar, 


 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar,



1/4 teaspoon salt, and a dash of nutmeg. 


cube up a stick of butter, and throw it in with the flour mixture. 


 Mix that up with a fork until it resembles course meal.

Get ya some peaches, (9-12) slice them up and put them in a 9x9 square pan.  Sprinkle with half a lemon juice, and then, what the heck, throw in 2 more tablespoons of maple syrup.

This is SWEET folks!


Pat the crumb topping on the peaches, cover tightly in foil, and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.  Take of the foil, and bake for another 30-40 minutes.


Oh my gosh. This is heavenly by itself, but with the maple cream sauce......




 Well if the peach crisp is heavenly, then just think how good this is with the maple cream sauce.




Wow.  

Enjoy, my friends!  (and I love your comments!)


THIS RECIPE IS FROM PIONEER WOMAN.

No comments: