Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes with Coffee Frosting

OK, so it's not only coffee frosting, but the coffee was my favorite.  It was.....  So.....  Good....  I....  Licked.... MY BEATERS.  Well actually, my brother beat me to them.  But I scraped as much as I could off.  It was......  Amazing.


The chocolate wasn't bad ether, it was very good actually.  I really enjoyed decorating them.  That always seems to be my favorite part!  The cupcakes were very rich,  VERY VERY rich.  That's exactly what I was looking for.  Go try them!



Note: I doubled this recipe.
Crack 2 eggs in a bowl.


Add 2 cups sugar.


Whisk until there is no more lumps.  


Add 1 cup milk,


6 tablespoons cream,


And 1 tablespoon vanilla.


Whisk until combined.


Add 4 tablespoons plain yogurt.  Whisk AGAIN.  (This recipe has allot of whisking!)

And there you have it!  Chocolate cupcakes!

Just kidding!


Sift together 2 1/2 cups flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 1/2 teaspoons soda and 1 teaspoon baking powder on wax paper.


Add it to the egg mixture,


And whisk it up.


Add 1 cup melted and cooled butter and 2 tablespoons coffee.  The coffee makes the cupcakes SUPER rich.  Just how I like it.  But listen......  This next step will blow you away......


Add 1 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips!  Ahhhhh.


Scoop them into a muffins tin and bake for 15-18 minutes at 350.


Hello, lovely.  Let cool completely before frosting.


For the coffee frosting:
Beet 1/2 cup room temperature butter.


Add 1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso.

Cream it up again.  Add 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 pound powdered sugar.  (Did not take the pictures of me adding the powdered sugar or vanilla, why? Because I am a dork.)

For the chocolate frosting:
To 1/2 cup room temperature beaten butter,  add 3 cups powdered sugar,


1/8 cup half and half,


and 1 teaspoon vanilla.


Beet until combined.  You can just frost your cupcakes like this, or you can do.......


This!  Melt 1/3 cup chocolate chips and beet it into the frosting.  Add a couple of tablespoons of cocoa to make it a bit richer.


Oooooooo.  COFFEE!!  These cupcakes were gone with in literally, 2 minutes!  Garnish with coffee beans.


And......  Drum roll please.....  Chocolate!  Yum!  Garnish how ever you want,  I did mine with chocolate chips.

Enjoy guys!

No comments: