Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lemon Bread

this is my second favorite bread, cinnamon bread being my first this bread is a hit!  With it's moist, lemony texture and taste is SO satisfying.  I love this bread, and if you want to, you can add some nuts but if you don't want to you don't have to!  I prefer it without nuts, but it looks prettier to me if you sprinkle nuts on top.  Oh by the way this recipe is REALLY easy!  Hope you enjoy!

                                           Lemon Bread

1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
Zest from 1 lemon
Juice from 1 lemon

Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs.  Alternately add milk, lemon juice, and dry ingredients.  Add the lemon zest and nuts if using.  bake on LOWER rack for 1 hour.  I did mine on the middle rack and the loaf started browning VERY quickly. ( don't be like me.)  Pour 1/2 of a cup powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons lemon juice on the hot loaf.  Yummy!








No comments: