Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cheddar Puffs

As you know, I went to Orlando a couple weeks ago, and made these delicious things for an "Iron Chef"  contest.  I made SURE we had some left over to eat!  Anyhoo,  I thought, and so did my friends, that these were amazing.


First, dice a whole shallot (or 1/4 onion) and 3 garlic cloves. 


Also, dice some french bread.  Good ol' crusty french bread.


Melt a stick of butter in a skillet.




Add the diced shallot and garlic.  Stir around and cook for about a minute.




Add 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard.  




Mix until combined.


slice up 8 oz. cream cheese and add to the mixture.


Stir that together.


Then add 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese.  Turn off heat.


Then, beet 2 egg whites.


When they are stiff enough to stay up when you stick your finger in, you know they are ready.


Add them to the mixture...


And fold them in.


Dip the french bread in the cheese mixture, and put them on wax paper.  Put them in the freezer for 20 minutes, then put them in a plastic bag.  You can keep them in there for as long as you want!!  When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 and bake for 10 minutes or until brown.


The event was so fun and I'm so glad I did it.  Except, when we went to the clubhouse where it was taken place, we were supposed to tell them our name and what the dish was.  When I went up there I had NO idea what to say.  I went up and said, "Ummm....  They have cheddar cheese, umm..  ummm..."  Then my mom came up and explained the whole thing.  FEW!!  Thank GOODNESS!!  I'm not a very good public speaker....  YET.  


By the way, the ducks there let you feed them by your hand.  WOW.  And this is my dads picture by the way.(explains the Callas hand)


I love these.  I made them twice in one week.  Convinced?

Enjoy!!

THIS RECIPE IS FROM PIONEER WOMAN.

No comments: