Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sticky Pecan Mini-Buns

I think I'll call these mini pecan pies.  Except, THEY ARE MUCH BETTER.  I was very surprised that Ree only put ONE CUP of butter in this recipe, I mean, HAVE YOU SEEN HER COFFEE CAKE?  I think this is Paula Deen's daughter!  Except, that little girl is LITTLE.  And the rest of her family is LITTLE.  Do you want to taste the deliciousness?  Okay, put on your stretchy pants and lets go!



Make half of Pioneer Woman's cinnamon roll recipe.


Melt a stick of butter and add 1 cup finally chopped pecans.


Add 1/2 cup light corn syrup,


And 2 tsp. vanilla.


Stir it up, and set aside.

Preheat oven to 375.
Roll the dough out into a LONG 30x8 rectangle and pour on 1/2 cup melted butter.


Then add 3/4 cup-1 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon.


Roll into a VERY TIGHT roll, so that when you cut them, they will be mini cinnamon rolls.


HEAVILY grease a mini-muffin pan.


Dump in 1/2 tsp. of the pecan mixture into the pan,


then add the cinnamon rolls.  Bake for 15-18 minutes or until LIGHT brown.


Mine were a little over done, and I had allot of dough left over but no pecan mixture.  Next time I'll make a double batch of the pecan mixture.

You can always make regular cinnamon rolls, no ones stopping you from that!  Take a look at the icing on those things!  Make your own, get creative, try orange, chocolate, lemon--  OO!!  Lemon cinnamon rolls!  That's on my bucket list!


Enjoy!

No comments: