Friday, April 27, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting

Do you like this picture?  Yes?  Well I didn't take it.  A wonderful food blogger named Cheryl took it and saved me because I forgot to take a finished picture.  Does anyone else notice how AMAZING that frosting looks?  I was craving cookie dough but every time I make it I get a HUGE stomach ache because of all the raw egg.  But with this, I can put a huge glob of frosting on a cupcake and have that.  Hungry NOW?



Chocolate Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup hot water
3 Tbs. chocolate syrup
Preheat oven to 350.
 Throw all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.


Add the wet ingredients  and mix again.


Pour into a mini muffin pan (or regular) And bake for 15 minutes.

For the frosting:
(Notice that I halved this--NOT a good idea....  But I wrote the correct ingredients)  Mix together 3 sticks unsalted room temperature butter and 3/4 cup packed brown sugar.  


Cream until fluffy. 


Add 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar. 


Mix again.  Looks like cookie dough doesn't it? 


Add 1 cup flour, 


and  3/4 tsp. salt.  Cream together.  Add 3 Tbsp. milk and 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla.


REALLY look like cookie dough now, huh?  Frost the cooled cupcakes with a 1M tip.  Add chocolate chips and a mini chocolate chip cookie on top.




Oh my gosh, If you are not drooling than....  than......  You have NO TASTE!!

Enjoy!

No comments: