Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pancake Shapes

I wanted a pancake.  I wanted a blueberry pancake!  Then I was searching in my fridge and could not find blueberries.  Then I wanted chocolate.  I wanted chocolate chip pancakes!  Then my little sister had one of her friends over, so I made............................................   CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKE SHAPES!!  They were fun.  They were very fun, in fact!  I was grabbing cookie cutters here and there when all of a sudden, out of the blue my sister starts whining, "I'M HUNGEEEERRRRYYYYY!!!!!!"  I was trying to finish as fast as I can but I could still hear her RIGHT there STILL whining "I'M HUNGEEEERRRYYYY!!!!"  Finally I finished only to hear another, "I'M COOOLLLDD!!!"  Ugh.  Will this ever end?  I seem to think this EACH and EVERY day.  So, cooking is kinda a therapy for me, even though all I have to annoy me is a little silly menace on each side of me.  An when I say SILLY, I mean SILLY.


First, to a bowl mix together 1 1/4 cups flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt.


In a small bowl, lightly beat 1 egg.


Add 1 cup milk,


and 3 tablespoons oil.


Pour into the flour mixture.  NOTICE: I did not take pictures of the two most important steps. THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT STEPS!!!  I could bang my head against the wall right now.  Okay, so in a bowl, mix together enough water to dissolve 2 tablespoons corn starch and pour into the flour/egg mixture.  Then, add 3/4 cup chocolate chips.


Pour batter onto a hot griddle by scant 1/4 cups.



Cook and then flip.

You can also make them into shapes:
To make a dog bone shape, cote a cookie cutter with cooking spray and place onto the griddle.


Pour a little bit of batter into it, enough to fill the whole thing.


Cook until bubbly and the edges are dry, then lift the cutter off.


Flip, and cook!  There you go!!


You can do it with all kinds of cookie cutters, just make sure your cutters can be on a hot surface.


Or you can just go plane, that's DEFINITELY an option.

Enjoy!

No comments: