Friday, March 16, 2012

Chocolate Crackle Cookies

 Oh my gosh, talk about chocolate!


Start by melting 8 oz. of unsweetened chocolate.   Here is a little trick I like to do if you don't have any baking chocolate:  I always have cocoa in my cabinet, so what I do for every 1 oz. of unsweetened baking chocolate I mix together 3 tablespoons cocoa, and 1 tablespoon oil.


 Sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Set aside.


To an electric mixer, cream together 1/2 cup unsalted butter and 1 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar.


Add 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla.


Alternatively add the flour mixture, the chocolate,1/3 cup milk, and 1 cup powdered sugar.
Few!
Divide the batter in half, and put the batter in the freezer for 1 1/2 hours.

The original recipe says to roll the dough into a log and then cut it, but that melts the dough very easily and makes a big mess, so I cut the dough in sections and quickly rolled the dough in a ball.  You have to do this quickly or the dough will melt.


 Roll the dough in powdered sugar.....


 and put them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.  Now quickly!  Before the dough melts!  Put that in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until they JUST CRACK.


 *Sniff*  Mmmm.  They smell and look Divine!  If you didn't over cook them (which is easily done) when you first take them out, they will have a fuggy inside!

My brothers hovered over me while I was baking.
 BJ is getting a little inpatient.


Marshall's trying too sneak one.


 Marshall sprang his ankle pretty bad on the trampoline, but still had the biggest appetite any one could ever have.


Now this is very important:  Eat the cookies.

Oh my gosh guys, CHOCOLATE HEAVEN!  

Enjoy!

FOR A PRINTABLE, CLICK HERE.

No comments: