Friday, March 23, 2012

The Best Bread Pudding

Oh my goodness....  Let's just say  this grows up to it's name.  That's all I have to say.  Actually, I have to say one thing.  I have to tell you that no matter how good you might think your bread pudding recipe is, you'ell never beat Pioneer Woman's.  Ever.  Never in your sweet, sugar infested life.  THERE.  Now I'm done!








The characters:


2 cups sugar....


1/3 cup pecans....


 4 1/2-5 cups cubed sour dough bread....  (I'm a sloppy dicer, I know, but this is homemade bread, and I couldn't Waite to let the bread cool before cutting into it.)


2 eggs.... 


2 1/2 cup milk.... 


2 tablespoons melted butter.... 


and 2 tablespoons vanilla.


Start by cracking the eggs in a bowl. 


add the butter, 


milk, 


and vanilla. 


Whisk to combined. 


Now dump in....  THE SUGAR!  I know, it's SO much of it, but your taste buds will thank you later. 


Whisk together until the sugar is completely dissolved. 


See those chunks?  That's butter.  It's supposed to be that way.
I think.... 


Arrange the bread in a 9" pan.... 



Until they fit nicely in there.  I probably needed more bread, but oh WELL!


Pour the milk mixture evenly over the bread cubes. 


Now grab the pecans... 


Chop them up finely... 


And sprinkle them on the top!  Bake for 55-70 minutes at 325.   


For the sauce:
Mix together 1/2 cup cream.... 


 1/4 cup whisky....


and 1/2 cup butter  (pretend that is 1/2 cup), and 1/4 cup sugar.  Cook stirring constantly until it comes to a soft boil.




You can put ice cream, the sauce, or whipped cream on this thing.  Or, ALL OF THEM AT ONCE!  That makes life more interesting.  (And full of sugar)

Enjoy!

THIS RECIPE IS FROM PIONEER WOMAN

No comments: