Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ginger Bread

Ginger bread.  Ohh, when ever I think of that word (or, 2 words) I think, HOLIDAYS.  But right now it's not the HOLIDAYS.  But I made it any way.  You know a long time ago they baked ginger bread nearly every day.  So I decided to make ginger bread.  Why?  Because I was craving it like a hungry wolf.  And when I mean craving it like a hungry wolf, I mean I wanted it BAD.  So I made it. And like usual, WE LOVED IT!  And you will to.  Now go make some.




PREHEAT OVEN TO 350

First, take my little friends ginger and cinnamon,

 and dump in 3/4 of a teaspoon each to a bowl as well as 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon soda.  Whisk that together.


Now, to an electric mixer, cream 1/2 cup shortening. 



Then add 1/4 cup dark brown sugar...


Cream that together. 


 Then, add 1 egg and 1/2 molasses.  Add 1/2 cup water, and the flour mixture.


 Pour the batter into a loaf pan, then think, "The batter is kinda low, It will rise with the baking powders help!"  Then all of a sudden, realize you didn't put in the baking powder, freak out, and mix it in the loaf pan.  I'm sorry.  Maybe baking at 6:00 A.M. has to do with something?  Or maybe baking at 11:00 P.M.has to do with it?  Hmm.  Guess it will always be a mystery.

Pop that in the oven for 35-40 minutes.



Enjoy!

No comments: