Saturday, February 11, 2012

THE BEST Sugar Cookies For Valentines Day

These are very nummy.  I love the taste of these cookies, and I was quit pleased how they turned out.  I discovered I could put fondant on them after I only had 2 left, but they were very beautiful all the same.  And yummy. And gorgeous.  And delicious.  Try them and you'll know what I mean!





First cream together 1 cup butter,



 1 cup canola oil,


 1 cup granulated sugar,


 1 cup powdered sugar,


 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 egg. Phew!  


 Now mix it all together until it looks like this.


Then add 4 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour (OK. I feel guilty for making this recipe, because it calls for allot of flour, my mom just got a new bag), 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and last but DEFINITELY not least, 1 teaspoon cream of tartar!  I love putting cream of tartar in sugar cookies, especially when it calls for a whole teaspoon!  Now refrigerate dough for 1 hour.  I was counting down the clock like it was New Years!



Yesterday, my Grandma came home with these. There so cute!


 Put a glob of dough on top,


 and smash it down.  The cookies this way didn't work out so well, so I ended up putting the dough only in the heart shape.


 They came out well but they were just missing something...


Fondant!  I grabbed some red fondant, pressed it in the mold,



Iced the cookie lightly and pressed on the fondant.  Voila!


 I even creased the hearts harder with a tooth-pick and blew it with a hair dryer to make it nice and glossy.  
Perty!

Enjoy!

P.S. I always freeze some of the dough because it is SO good.

P.S.S. You can get see how Ree (Pioneer Woman) did her sugar cookies here.




No comments: