Saturday, January 28, 2012

Molasses Crinkle Cookies

Sorry I don't have pictures step-by-step, I was kind of in a hurry when I was making it.  But these are yummy little guys that are easy to make.  I found out though that if you want to really make them crinkle, you have to drop like 4 drops of water on them.

3/4 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger

Directions

Mix shortening, sugar,egg, and molasses.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Chill the dough if you can, but you really don't have to.  Heat oven to 350.  Roll dough into size of walnuts, dip the tops into sugar.  Place sugar side up on greased baking sheet.  Sprinkle cookies with 3 to 4 drops of water on balls of dough for that crackled surface.  Bake 10-12 minutes.


I just couldn't resist.

No comments: