Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

I cook baked goods for my family every day, and I like doing it!!  I LOVE cooking so much and learn a new technique every day. Any way...   I'll be giving all of you guys mostly recipes for breakfast and dessert.   This first recipe I'll give you guys is one of my favorites!!! Chocolate zucchini muffins.  I know it sounds gross, but if you try it,  OOOHHHH!!!!  It's SO good, in fact, in fact.......   THERE HEALTHY!!  Here it is and hope you enjoy!! There out of this world!

                                            Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

2 cups flour
1 cup cocoa, sifted (or you could just be like me and not sift it)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon allspice
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk (if you don't have any, just add 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar to just under 1/2 milk, and let sit for a few minutes)
2 cups zucchini, washed and dried, ends and stems removed, cut in half lengthwise and seeded and graded. (latsa' steps!!)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 grab your muffin cups and line them with pretty liners or grease them with spray.  in a large bowl add flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, allspice and cinnamon; set aside.  In medium bowl mix sugar, butter and oil.  Beat in egg to one at a time to sugar mix until combined.  Stir in vanilla, buttermilk, zucchini, and chocolate chips. The liquid mix will look green and unappetising.  Then go ahead gently stir the liquid ingredients to the dry and stir just to combined. Divide batter equally among muffin cups.bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, and muffins are springy to the touch, 20 to 25 minutes; rotating halfway through baking time.  The original recipe says to let them cool completely, but hat would be a shame.  Make em' and you'll know what I mean!!

Enjoy!!!!


No comments: