Sunday, July 1, 2012

Two Summer Pies!

Summer is in full swing, and the 4th of July is coming up SOON.  As you know, I've been making blueberry stuff like crazy for the past couple of weeks.  Why?  I went blueberry picking!  And we picked quite allot of blueberries.  And I assure you, I had plain blueberries until I was almost sick of them.  ALMOST.  This first pie, this blueberry pie, I made the minute we got home from picking the blueberries.  And MAN, was it good!!


First, I tossed about 3 Tbs. sugar with 4-5 cups of blueberries.  plop in a pie crust.  You can also add some spice!


Dot with butter and lay the second pie crust on top.  Flute the pie edges in any fancy design.


Cut patterns in the middle to let the pie breath. ;)


Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350-375.


Do the same thing, except make it with blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries.


Put that into a pie crust........

And sprinkle with powdered sugar.


Dot that with butter.


Bake it and EAT it!!

No comments: