Monday, November 19, 2012

Mint Chocolate Cookies

 So I know we haven't had anything for like, 2 weeks but my oven broke down.  Yup.  I believe I killed it.  (You know I say that but I think it was my mom) But anyway, guess what I have today!  I'm sure this will totally make up for the last uh....  month or something.  But hey!  It's like we skipped all the way to Thanksgiving.  Best baking season, right?
Yeah you're gonna thank me when this is done.  XD
Preheat oven to 325.  (I know it's kinda low but trust me, it's a perfect temperature.)
Okay start out by mixing up  2 cups flour, 2/3 cup cocoa, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.  Don't forget the salt, even though this is a sweet, pleeeeaaase do not forget that salt.
But don't put to much.  That would be bad.


Next, cream 1 cup softened butter, 2/3 cup granulated sugar, 2/3 cup packed brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.  Once that is mixed up pretty well, add 2 eggs and mix again.


And thirdly, gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.  Oh, and have you tasted this batter??  Please don't pass that up.  :)  Anywho I kinda sorta forgot to take a picture of the scooped cookies on the baking sheet so.................  you can just imagine it.  Yeah, so I used a little cookie scoop to make them all nice and perfectly round.  Now FINALLY, bake them in the oven for 11-13 minutes.  11 is best for my oven.  Let them cool a little bit so they can set a bit more.


Ooooooh wait, cooking them was SO not the final step.
Eating the whole batch is.  xD
Enjoy!!!

No comments: