Monday, September 3, 2012

My Birthday Cake!!

A couple weeks ago was my birthday!
Sorry for the delay, I've had no Internet for like, 3 weeks so....  Here I am again!  My friend, Anna, came over the night of the little get-together so she helped me make this incredibly gorgeous and delicious cake.
We made a red velvet cake with a white, vanilla fondant that we painted red, green, and blue.  I also made some flowers, if you can see them up on the left.



I had a limit of 8 people, so here are the people that came from left to right: Martha, Olivia, Annie, Anna, Me, Lillie, Tillie, and Seth.
The only dude there was Seth.  Hang in there, buddy.
Like I said before, the red velvet cake was AMAZING.  I love red velvet cake but this one....  With the oil in all?  DROP.  DEAD.  DELICIOUS.  But you can't have the recipe.   It's top secret.
Just kidding!
Not.
Gotcha.  Okay I'll stop.

Red Velvet Cake
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 Tablespoon cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 oz. red food coloring



Red Velvet Cake
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 Tablespoon cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 oz. red food coloring
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Grease and flour two 8 inch cake pans.
  • Lightly stir eggs in a medium bowl with a wire whisk. Add remaining liquid ingredients and stir together with whisk until blended. Set aside.
  • Place all the dry ingredients in your mixing bowl and stir together really good with another wire whisk.
  • Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on medium-high for about a minute or until completely combined.
  • Pour into cake pans and then drop the pans on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
  • Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  • After about ten minutes, remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack. I also cover in plastic wrap while the cakes cool.
  • Then make the frosting.

                                                                                               
Then make the frosting.
I just threw together a little vanilla frosting to throw on for a light layer to assemble the fondant.
I bought some vanilla fondant and colored it with food coloring and edible paint.
In the middle of the cake, we put dove chocolates and popcorn.  How cute is that?!

Enjoy!

THIS RECIPE IS FROM BAKERELLA.
                                                                                                                

No comments: